Translate

RIVER

by in , , 0

AKB48's new single sweeps away the charts


AKB48′s latest single River was released on October 21st. I had pre-ordered my copy but it took me a while to get it since Yan helped to collect it. He needed to get a couple of singles from Ikimonogakari. River is probably AKB48′s most popular single right now, having sold more than 200,000 copies so far. It’s currently Japan’s second most sold single this year by any female artist.
 

The regular CD+DVD cover
After listening to it, I was personally not too impressed. River tries to take a overly hip hop direction and kind of ends up being a bit too messy to follow. A little of a disappointment since I felt their last single didn’t stand out particularly either but  I did enjoy Namida Surprise! and Junen Zakura. I guess the rest of the public seems to love River though as AKB48 will be at the next Kouhaku Uta Gassen! This year has probably been their most successful yet.

The theater exclusive cover with some additional doodles

Leave a Reply